Rich Newbold, Game Director, Jurassic World Evolution 2
Curated From news.xbox.com Check Them Out For More Content.
- Plunge into the ancient depths and explore four new extraordinary marine species
- Make your lagoons stand out with an all-new Lagoon Rock Platform
- Out now on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
Dip into the ancient depths and discover four new marine species with the Jurassic World Evolution 2: Prehistoric Marine Species Pack on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. Put your park management abilities to the test and house gentle giants, magnificent reptiles, and powerful armored predators in your lagoons. These breathtaking new additions are sure to give your guests an unforgettable underwater experience.
In our last update we brought some highly requested feathered species to the game. This time I wanted to shift our focus to the water and create a pack dedicated to aquatic species. As this is our first marine-focused release, we wanted to make it extra special by also including the new Lagoon Rock Platform for two of the new species to use.
We worked closely with all the teams to choose an exciting mix of species to bring to the pack, that we felt offered something truly different to the current in-game roster. The Archelon, Nothosaurus, Dunkleosteus and Shonisaurus are vastly different from each other, and will give park managers even more variety to incorporate into their parks.
Let’s kick things off with my favorite from the pack, Archelon. This is one of the largest turtles ever documented! In the free update accompanying the new pack, which all players can enjoy, we have included a new Underwater Viewing Dome, giving guests a fantastic look at the Archelon when swimming. With a pair of giant flippers, Archelon can swim with some impressive pace and cover great distances very fast. This majestic species is going to bring so much diversity to the lagoons in everyone’s parks.
The all-new Lagoon Rock Platform is an exciting new addition for your parks. You can place this unique item in the middle of your lagoons to give your Archelon and Nothosaurus a resting spot above the water. The addition of this new item also means the Archelon & Nothosaurus have their own interactions above the water when basking in the sun. Guests will also be treated to a superb new viewing angle of the species and can observe how they behave outside the water – something we’ve not been able to do before!
Next up in the pack is the Nothosaurus. This nimble predator is inspired by the Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment and DreamWorks Animation hit Netflix show, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous. We were excited to get stuck into this one and working with our fantastic partners at Universal made the Nothosaurus a real treat to bring to the game. The Nothosaurus has some unique truly captivating movements in and above the water. The animation team particularly enjoyed bringing this one to life in-game with its swimming characteristics mimicking modern day sealions.
No species pack would be complete without a voracious predator! Dunkleosteus is a powerful armored fish and is the first within Jurassic World Evolution 2 that sports a massive, sharpened jaw. The Dunkleosteus has immense biting power and can open and close its jaw with an incredible amount of force. This piscivore will also take advantage of the shark feeder in-game and makes short work of eating a shark. Make sure you build a lagoon viewing stand for your guests to watch the action up close.
Last but certainly not least is Shonisaurus. This enormous Ichthyosaur has a rotund frame making it a graceful giant of the waters. The Shonisaurus is named after the Shoshone Mountains in Nevada, USA where they found a large bone-bed of 37 incomplete fossil specimens. Because the Shonisaurus has only four flippers and a long skinny snout, it must rely on its size to fend off would be predators. The size comparison of this massive species against the new Lagoon Viewing Domes shows just how enormous Shonisaurus is.
The team really stepped up with these new additions, each bringing something new to the design of these species which form a truly one-of-a-kind pack!
We can’t wait for players to dive into this pack and see how they expand their parks with these exciting new species! Jurassic World Evolution 2: Prehistoric Marine Species Pack is available today on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
Jurassic World Evolution 2: Prehistoric Marine Species Pack
Plunge into the ancient depths and discover four new marine species with Jurassic World Evolution 2: Prehistoric Marine Species Pack. Put your park management abilities to the test and house gentle giants, prehistoric reptiles, and powerful, armoured predators in your lagoons. These breathtaking new additions are sure to give your guests an unforgettable underwater experience.
Welcome the following stunning species:
– Archelon, whose name means ‘Ruler Turtle’ is the largest turtle ever discovered. This marine reptile sported giant flippers, making it a fast swimmer, with a hooked beak adept at eating fish. Its impressive size and leathery carapace allowed it to float in the shallows of the Late Cretaceous Period.
– Nothosaurus is a nimble predator with a long, flat skull and menacing needle-like teeth. This distinctive predator, inspired by Universal Pictures, Amblin Entertainment and DreamWorks Animation’s hit Netflix show, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, roamed the shores of the Late Triassic, using its tail and webbed feet to propel itself through the water like modern day sealions.
– Dunkleosteus, a powerful armoured fish, stalked the open waters of the Late Devonian period. Sporting a massive, sharpened jaw that could open and close with immense force, this voracious predator was one of the most intimidating fish of its time.
– Shonisaurus had an enormous, rotund frame, making it a graceful giant of the Late Triassic period. Regardless of size, this large Ichthyosaur was a manoeuvrable hunter of the deep oceans. With only a long, skinny snout, the Shonisaurus would rely on its size to fend off would be predators.
Includes additional enclosure item:
– Make your lagoons stand out with the all-new Lagoon Platform. Designed for the Archelon and Nothosaurus, this new platform will provide a resting spot above the water, giving your guests a fantastic view of the incredible new species and their natural behaviours.